Senior Concept Artist and Illustrator with 10+ years of experience in the video games, publishing, and collectible cards industry. Specializes in creating effective characters,
environments, and creatures with a focus on solid surface concept art, including vehicles,
armor, and weapons. Proficient in industry-standard software tools, including Adobe Photoshop, 3D Studio Max, and Adobe Illustrator. Recognized for defining new and established IP styles from renowned franchises such as Star Trek, Neverwinter, and Magic the Gathering. A collaborative team leader with a proven track record of delivering high-quality artwork on time.
Fluent in both English and Spanish
▪ Create visually effective concept designs, contributing to the visual development and assisting in the artistic direction of various projects.
▪ Specializes in solid surface concept art, crafting detailed designs for vehicles, armor, and weapons.
▪ Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure a cohesive visual direction and seamless integration of concept art.
▪ Provide guidance and mentorship to junior artists, fostering a collaborative and supportive environment.
▪ Contribute to the creation of comprehensive style guides and documentation, ensuring consistent visual design principles both for in-studio and overseas production shops.
▪ Spearheaded the implementation of a 3D process that expedites the production and review of assets. This process is particularly useful in a work-from-home environment.
▪ Designed three ships that were featured in the Star Trek: Picard Show, which helped expand the reach of Star Trek Online to a wider audience and resulted in record-breaking Average Revenue Per User (ARPU)
▪ Collaborated with CBS in the design process of the new “Stargazer” spaceship for Star Trek: Picard
▪ Collaborate as a trusted contractor, creating visually compelling artwork for Magic: The Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons.
▪ Produce illustrations of diverse characters, creatures, and worlds.
▪ Adapt to distinct and very specific visual styles while staying true to the essence of each franchise.
▪ Work closely with art directors and production teams to ensure illustrations align with the creative vision.
▪ Maintain creativity, attention to detail, and technical proficiency while meeting project deadlines.
▪ Featured in 18 Dungeons & Dragons publications.
▪ Illustrated 22 Magic the Gathering cards so far, including a set for Dr. Who and Warhammer 40,000.
▪ Developed visually effective concept designs within budget, contributed to the visual development, and assisted in the artistic direction of various projects for a diverse range of clients in the casual gaming industry.
▪ Specialized in concept art, UI/UX creation, logos, and general consumer-facing 2D art.
▪ Collaborated with cross-functional teams to ensure a cohesive visual direction, making sure the client’s needs were satisfied.
▪ Provided guidance and mentorship to junior artists, fostering a collaborative and supportive environment.
▪ Created comprehensive style guides, ensuring consistent visual design principles both for local and overseas production shops.